Engineering Faculty Quality Assurance Cell (EFQAC) was established in 2014 with the purpose of creating a culture that seeks to continually improve the quality of the academic and administrative activities of the Faculty.
Composition of EFQAC
- Dean, Faculty of Engineering
- Chairperson, EFQAC
- Heads of Departments
- A representative from each department
- Training Engineer, Industrial Training Unit
- Chairperson, Curriculum Development Committee
- Chairperson, Faculty Research Cell
- Chairperson, Information Technology Cell
- Academic member of the Faculty who will act as the Convener
Any other relevant person/s shall be invited to attend a specific committee meeting as required.
Responsibilities and Duties of EFQAC
- Liaise with the Internal Quality Assurance Unit (IQAU) of KDU, in facilitating activities related to quality assurance of Faculty of Engineering.
- Promote quality enhancement activities within the Faculty liaising with all departments and committees.
- Develop standard operating procedures for the academic and other activities of the Faculty for the approval of the Faculty Board.
- Develop and improve the forms and other documents required for Faculty Quality Assurance (QA) such as peer review forms, student feedback forms and employee feedback forms.
- Devise and suggest additional QA measures or changes to the existing measures based on the data collected on various QA indicators such as peer feedback, student evaluation reports and external reviews.
- Monitor the collation and analysis of Faculty QA data.
- Monitor the implementation of follow-up actions recommended in Faculty/ programme/ subject review reports.
- Organize workshops and seminars on quality related themes and facilitate internalization of the quality culture.