To be a university nationally and internationally known for its unique ability to engage both undergraduate and graduate students in distinctive and interdisciplinary defence related higher education that best serves the tri-services, the state sector and society at large.
To ensure a high-quality, learner-centered educational experience through undergraduate, graduate, and professional programmes along with high quality research across many disciplines in the field of defence, in both residential and non-residential settings in the campus.
- To provide facilities for and instruction in academic studies to Officer Cadets in preparation for the first degree in such subjects that are relevant to their professional employment.
- To provide facilities to introduce Officer Cadets to the Profession of Arms and guide them to develop their knowledge and skills in the Profession of Arms, prior to a Commission in the Armed Forces is conferred on them.
- To foster a spirit of comradeship amongst Officer Cadets to develop “jointness” and a sense of national unity amongst the officer corps of the Army, Navy and Air Force so that joint operations are facilitated in the course of their service.
- To provide courses of study to Officers of the Armed Forces and others selected by the Board of Management to qualify for post-graduate degrees and other qualifications to be awarded by the University in subjects relevant to the Profession of Arms.
- To discharge such other functions including Research and Development as the University may consider necessary for the achievement of its objectives.