Students and researchers are facilitated by the library for checking plagiarism contents of their work under this service. They should adhere to the following procedure once they submit their work to the library for checking plagiarism.
Procedure of checking the level of plagiarism of the Theses/ Dissertations/ Assignments and Term Papers
- Plagiarism level of the Undergraduate assignments and term papers will be checked only one time by the library and generated similarity report shall be given to the requested student.
- Students should fill an application form available in the library web site and hand it over to respective faculty liaison librarian to check the level of similarity.
- Faculty liaison librarians are responsible to keep all records of the soft copies of the similarity reports as well as hard copies of the submitted applications by the users.
- Relevant lecturers are requested to provide a list of students with title and deadline of the assignment/term papers/dissertation to the respective faculty liaison librarian when requesting to check the level of similarity.
- Deans are requested to make necessary arrangements to make similarity report compulsory with all assignments, theses, dissertations and term papers at the time of evaluation.
- Postgraduate theses/dissertations will be checked only one time by the library and request should be submitted by graduate students through the Dean/HOD/programme coordinator.
- Similarity report of the postgraduate theses/dissertations which are needed to submit to panel of examiners, will be generated by the library based on requests made by Deans.